QA Project Manager Job Description
A software quality assurance project manager is responsible for ensuring that the software products released by their company are of the highest quality. They do this by developing and implementing a testing plan, identifying and fixing defects, and documenting the entire process.
- Provide quality assurance training
- Oversee the department’s daily operation and other schedules
- Conduct constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Develop, implement, and manage procedures to ensure that outputs are of high quality, work as intended, and are reliable before they are delivered.
- Identify and establish suitable quality standards and parameters for items.
- Communicate quality standards and parameters to the QA team, product development team, and other relevant personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in product testing processes.
- Identify and analyze problems, bugs, flaws, and other issues, and must be able to facilitate solution-finding should problems arise in multiple projects
- Review client, customer, and user feedback
- Maintain legal compliance by adhering to federal, state, local, and corporate laws, rules, standards, and policies.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Proficiency in the Agile development process
- Knowledge of new tools for web/API testing (e.g. RESTful/SOAP APIs, Postman tools, etc.)
- Experience in integration testing
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of software testing life cycle
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills to an American audience.
- Able to work across US timezones.
- Strong familiarity with project management and delivery.
- Experience working concurrently on several projects, each with specific instructions that may differ from project to project.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work according to deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or field related to the products being developed required.
- At least three years of relevant experience is required; supervisory experience is a plus.