Last Modified: February 10th, 2023
2 min read
This case study covers the integration of an in-house account management system with NetSuite. The project objective is to seamlessly pass data from the client’s account management database (where new customer data and new sales orders are stored) into NetSuite.
The lack of direct communication between NetSuite and the client’s in-house account management system. The client has to manually enter customer data and sales orders into each system, leading to the potential for errors, duplication, and delays.
Completing this integration would allow the client to automatically pass new customer data and sales orders from their in-house account management system into NetSuite and, from there, automate the fulfillment, invoicing, and collection processes, all the while avoiding any duplicate entries and errors by maintaining a single source of truth.
In order to accomplish this, the following steps were taken:
- Developed an API-based connection between the in-house account management system and NetSuite, leveraging Excelym’s proprietary iPaaS/Connector- “Excelym.IO”.
- Automated processes to ensure customer data and sales orders are passed from one platform to another without any manual intervention
- Utilized best practices for data quality control to ensure data accuracy
- Developed custom reports for both systems to track progress and provide visibility into customer information
The project timeline/milestones are as follows:
- Excelym.IO infrastructure Setup
- API integration of NetSuite and In-house Accounts Management System
- Necessary data transformations
- User Acceptance Testing
- Go-Live Preparations: Data Migration & Cutover
The integration of the client’s in-house account management system with NetSuite has saved the company time, money, and resources. It enabled them to automatically transfer customer data from one platform to another without any manual intervention, ensuring accuracy and avoiding any potential duplicate entries or errors. In addition, custom reports were developed for both systems to provide visibility into customer information. The integration has also allowed the client to automate their fulfillment, invoicing, and collection processes while maintaining a single source of truth. The company was able to improve efficiency as well as streamline customer management activities. Overall, this project was a success that resulted in significant time savings and cost reductions for the client.