Outsourcing your NetSuite needs is a big decision. You need to weigh the pros and cons of both options and decide what’s best for your business. Here is a breakdown of the benefits of getting an outsourced NetSuite managed services provider and hiring your own employee.
Read The 3 Things I Realized After Getting an Outsourced NetSuite Administrator
Benefits of hiring your own employee
- You have full control over who you hire and how they manage your NetSuite system. This may be an advantage if you want to build a highly customized system.
- You can train your employee to use NetSuite in the way that best suits your business needs.
- By hiring your own employee, you can be sure that they are fully dedicated to managing your NetSuite system and nothing else.
- You may be able to get a more affordable rate by hiring an employee than by outsourcing to a managed service provider.
- You can build a long-term relationship with your employee, which can be beneficial for both parties.
Benefits of getting an outsourced NetSuite managed services provider
- You don’t have to worry about the management and maintenance of your NetSuite system – it will be taken care of by a team of experts.
- There is no need to train or manage your own staff – the managed service provider will take care of that.
- You can outsource specific tasks, such as data migration or system upgrades, that you wouldn’t have the time or expertise to do yourself.
- Bringing on a managed services provider can help reduce your costs because you don’t need to hire multiple staff members.
- You can get help with anything from technical problems to process optimization – a managed service provider can do it all!
Read Professional Services Cost for NetSuite Support Post Go-Live
When to outsource your NetSuite needs to a managed services provider
- When you don’t have the time or resources to manage your system internally – A NetSuite managed service provider can take care of all the day-to-day tasks associated with running your system, so you can focus on other areas of your business.
- When you need expert help – A managed service provider can offer you expert guidance and support when it comes to using NetSuite, and can help you troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- When you want to reduce costs – Outsourcing your NetSuite needs to a managed services provider can be more cost-effective in the long run, as you don’t need to hire multiple staff members or pay for additional equipment or software.
- When you need large-scale support – Managed service providers can offer assistance with tasks such as data migration, system upgrades, and process optimization, which may be more difficult (or impossible) to implement on your own.
- If you are adversely impacted by consistent staff turnover – If you have a high turnover rate for your NetSuite employees, it can be disruptive to your business operations. A managed service provider can help you avoid this issue by offering a consistent level of support and service. A managed service provider will take care of the hiring, training and re-training process, so you don’t have to worry about it.
What to look for when hiring your own employee to manage your NetSuite system
- Expertise in NetSuite – Your employee should have experience working with the NetSuite platform to make sure that they understand how it works and can help you optimize your system for your specific needs.
- Communication skills – A good NetSuite manager will be able to work well with both technical and non-technical staff, and will be able to communicate effectively with all levels of your organization.
- Dedication – It is important that your NetSuite manager is fully invested in managing your system, as this can impact how well it runs and the level of support you receive.
- Technical skills – Your employee should have a strong technical background so they can troubleshoot any issues that may arise, and stay up-to-date with new updates and features for the NetSuite platform.
- Process optimization – Managing NetSuite can involve a lot of complex processes, so it is important that your employee has experience in streamlining these types of tasks to help reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Read Why an Onshore-Offshore Business Process Model is Better
How to find the right NetSuite managed services provider
- Decide what type of managed service provider you need – are they going to be managing specific tasks, or overseeing the entire system? Finding a provider that matches your needs will help ensure that you get the best service and support possible.
- Ask for referrals from other businesses in your industry who have used NetSuite managed services providers.
- Check out online reviews and ratings to find highly-rated providers that have excellent customer service.
- Do some research on the background and experience of prospective NetSuite managed service providers to make sure they are a good fit for your business needs.
In the end, whether you choose to hire an employee or outsource your NetSuite needs to a managed services provider, the decision comes down to what’s best for your business. Consider all of the factors involved and make the choice that will help you achieve your business goals.
Read Planning for your NetSuite Future: Why Support Services Are Just as Important
Choosing the right NetSuite managed services provider for your business is an important decision that can have a significant impact on how well your system runs and how successful you are in meeting your business goals. With so many options available, it is important to do your research, ask for recommendations from other businesses, and carefully consider all of the factors involved before making a final decision.
Get a no-obligation, free consultation with Excelym
So, what’s the best option for you? It depends on your business needs and preferences. If you want someone to manage your NetSuite system full-time, then hiring your own employee may be the way to go. On the other hand, if you want to outsource specific tasks or reduce your costs, then a managed service provider may be a better option.
Contact us today to get a no-obligation, free consultation to see if our NetSuite managed services are a good fit for your business needs.